Saturday, April 1, 2017


Built in 1518/27
According to Giorgio Vasari it was designed by Jacopo Tatti aka Jacopo Sansovino (1486/1570) for the Gaddi family, Tuscan merchants who moved to Rome in the fifteenth century
It was also known as PALAZZO NICCOLINI and PALAZZO AMICI from the names of the two families who lived here
Michelangelo Buonarroti lived here for two years (1544/46) and Benvenuto Cellini as well
The roof terrace was built in 1841
Beautiful Renaissance COURTYARD with statues in niches and rich stucco decoration in the upper part

No comments:

Post a Comment