Saturday, October 10, 2015

INPS AND INA PALACES

PALAZZI DELL'INPS E DELL'INA


1940 Giovanni Muzio (1893/1982), Mario Paniconi (1904/73) and Giulio Pediconi (1906/99) inspired by the Trajan markets, built using reinforced concrete and covered in Carrara marble
Leaving Rome the INA PALACE is on the left while the INPS PALACE is on the right

The COURTYARD of the INA Palace is covered with cipolin marble with thirty-six pillars made out of Baveno marble

Reliefs sculpted in 1941:

On the short fa├žades of the INA Palace “The conquest of the seas” Oddo Aliventi (1898/1975) and “The Fascist Empire” by Quirino Ruggeri (1883/1955)

On the short fa├žades of the INPS Palace “The maritime republics” Mirko (Mirko Basaldella) (1910/69) and “Rome against Carthage” Giuseppe Mazzullo (1913/88)

No comments:

Post a Comment