Sunday, November 29, 2015

ALBERTONI SPINOLA PALACE

PALAZZO ALBERTONI SPINOLA

Beginning 1600 from a design by Giacomo Della Porta (1533/1602) completed by Girolamo Rainaldi (1570/1655) for the Albertoni family
Rainaldi designed for sure the ornate portal of the fa├žade, the beautiful entablature decorated with heraldic symbols and the internal layout of some rooms
The redundant TOP FLOOR was added in the nineteenth century
The building passed from the Albertoni to the Altieri family and it belongs now to the Genoese Marquis Spinola

No comments:

Post a Comment